Cathy’s project title is “Climate service for society”. Her work explores the contexts in which climate information is more or less useful for societal decision making, and the sorts of institutional arrangement that support the development of climate services.
Cathy has master’s degrees in International Relations (Yale University, 2007) and Climate & Society (Columbia University, 2008). Her undergraduate degree, in history and biology, was awarded with high honors from Swarthmore College.
Cathy has worked at the International Research Institute for Climate & Society since 2007, where she coordinates work in Latin America and helps to manage the Climate Services Partnership. Cathy previously served with the US Peace Corps in rural Zambia.
- Climate services evaluation
- Organizational network theory
- Science for society
- Evidence-based decision making
- Climate services for society: origins, institutional arrangements, and design elements for an evaluation framework
28 May 2014. Catherine Vaughan, Suraje Dessai
- A Better Climate for Disaster Risk Management
1 Jan 2011. Molly E. Hellmuth, Simon Mason, Catherine Vaughan, Maarten van Aalst, Richard Choularton
- Climate Change: A Reference Handbook.
3 Mar 2009