Lecturer- department of Plant and Environmental Science, School of Natural Resources, Copperbelt University, Zambia
Felix holds a PhD in Environment and development. He investigated Forest ecosystem services, Carbon stores and rural livelihoods in Zambia’s Miombo woodland systems. Further, he holds a BSc in Forestry from Copperbelt University and an MSc in forestry from Stellenbosch University.
He begun his career working as a natural resources economist for WWF Southern African Regional Program before joining the Copperbelt University in 2005.
Felix has worked on several projects linking forestry, agroforestry and rural livelihood, and conducted various vegetation and social-economic surveys. He is an advocate of interdisciplinary research, owing to the fact that the problems that the environment and people face are multi-dimensional.
- Ecosystems services and human welfare
- Carbon stores and dynamics in woodlands.
- Forest and rural development
- Payment for ecosystem services
- Social: ecological interactions in natural woodland;
- Agroforestry systems;
- Critical reflection on knowledge and narratives of conservation agriculture
1 Mar 2015. Stephen Whitfield, Andy Dougill, Jennifer Dyer, Felix Kalaba, J. Leventon, Lindsay Stringer
- A conceptual framework for understanding Forest-Socio-ecologicalsystems.
5 Oct 2014. Felix Kalaba
- Delivering community benefits through REDD : Lessons from Joint Forest Management in Zambia
1 Jul 2014. J. Leventon, Felix Kalaba, Jennifer Dyer, Lindsay Stringer, Andy Dougill
- Policy coherence and interplay between Zambia’s forest, energy, agricultural and climate change policies and multilateral environmental agreements
1 May 2014. Felix Kalaba, Claire Quinn, Andy Dougill
- Challenges and opportunities for carbon management in Malawi and Zambia
10 Apr 2014. Lindsay Stringer, Andy Dougill, David Mkwambisi, Jennifer Dyer, Felix Kalaba, Mtisunge Mngoli
- Contribution of forest provisioning ecosystem services to rural livelihoods in the Miombo woodlands of Zambia.
1 Dec 2013. Felix Kalaba, Claire Quinn, Andy Dougill
- Floristic composition, species diversity and carbon storage in charcoal and agriculture fallows and management implications in Miombo woodlands of Zambia.
15 Sep 2013. Felix Kalaba, Claire Quinn, Andy Dougill, Royd Vinya
- The role of forest provisioning ecosystemservices in coping with household stresses and shocks in Miombo woodlands, Zambia
1 Sep 2013. Felix Kalaba, Claire Quinn, Andy Dougill
- Contribution of agroforestry to biodiversity and livelihoods improvement in rural communities of Southern African regions. Tropical Rainforests and Agroforests under Global Change
22 Jan 2010. Felix Kalaba, P.W. Chirwa, S. Syampungani, C.O. Ajayi
- The contribution of indigenous fruit trees insustaining rural livelihoods and conservation of natural resources
1 Feb 2009. Felix Kalaba, P.W. Chirwa, H Prozesky