Leandra is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow based at the Sustainability Research Institute at the University of Leeds.
She current works on the “Multi-level governance, REDD+ and synergies between climate change mitigation and adaptation” project.
Prior to joining the University of Leeds, Leandra was a consultant for the Centre of International Forestry Research (CIFOR) working on the Global Comparative Study on REDD+: National REDD+ Processes and Policies project. In 2013 she joined the Brazilian Panel on Climate Change assisting the coordinators of the Working Group 3 – Mitigation on Climate Change in the organization and production of the First National Assessment Report (1st RAN). From 2007 to 2012 Leandra worked as executive coordinator of the research project Poor Land Use, Poor Health (PLUPH project), a collaboration between University of Brasília and the Université du Québec à Montréal, funded by the International Research Development Centre (IDRC).
She received her PhD in Policy Management and Sustainability from the University of Brasília, on perceptions of environmental change amongst peasants of the Brazilian Amazon region. The PhD project was part of the PLUPH project, whose aim was understand the relationships between land use, environmental change and human health, through an interdisciplinary approach.
- Environmental Change
- Climate Change
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Natural Resources Governance
- Social and Policy network Analysis to environmental management
- REDD policy networks in Brazil: constraints and opportunities for successful policy making.
1 Jan 2014. Maria Fernanda Gebara, Leandra Fatorelli, Peter May, Shaozeng Zhang
- REDD PNA: Caso de estudio en el Peru
1 Jan 2013. Javier Perla, Juan Sotes, Mary Menton, Leandra Fatorelli
- Policies Integration and environmental governance: the case of rural environmental licensing in Brazil
27 Jan 2011. Leandra Fatorelli, Frederic Mertens
- Integrating mitigation and adaptation in climate and land use policies in Brazil: a policy document analysis
24 Feb 2016
- Integrating mitigation and adaptation in climate and land use policies in Indonesia: a policy document analysis
25 Nov 2015