Nigel is Professor of Water and Environmental Engineering in the School of Civil Engineering at the University of Leeds.
Nigel Wright specialised in Flood Risk Management, working in the UK, US and The Netherlands. More recently, his work has focused on vulnerability and a multi-disciplinary approach to its definition, evaluation and reduction. He has published over 120 papers in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Computer modelling in the natural and built environment;
- Coping with uncertainties in environmental modelling;
- Flood Risk Management;
- Vulnerability assessment;
- Integrated Water Resources Management and Integrated River Basin Management;
- Research and practice at the interfaces between engineering and social science.