Stavros was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Sustainability Research Institute in the School of Earth & Environment from April 2011 to August 2016. He is now a CCCEP Associate.
His research interests focus on environmental politics and, in particular, international climate change negotiations and biofuel policies.
Stavros has a PhD in International Relations & Politics (Keele University), an MA (Dist.) in Environmental Politics (Keele University), and a BA in Political Science (University of La Verne).
- EU environmental politics;
- International climate change negotiations;
- Global biofuels policies.
- Debt relief and financing climate change action
30 Jul 2014. Adrian Fenton, Helena Wright, Stavros Afionis, Jouni Paavola, Saleemul Huq
- Experiences of host communities with carbon market projects: towards multi-level climate justice
2 Dec 2013. Vivek Mathur, Stavros Afionis, Jouni Paavola, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer
- Development goals: Science alone cannot shape sustainability
3 Jan 2013. Suraje Dessai, Stavros Afionis, James Van Alstine
- EU climate leadership under test
18 Nov 2012. Stavros Afionis, Adrian Fenton, Jouni Paavola
- Corporate social responsibility, sustainability and the governance of business, Handbook of Sustainable Development: Second Edition
26 Sep 2014