Lukas is a postgraduate researcher in the Sustainability Research Institute at the University of Leeds.
In his undergraduate studies, Lukas focused on ecology and the interactions between social and ecological systems. During this time he started to develop an interest in ecological economics and the relationship between the economic system and environmental and social challenges. He followed this interest by completing a Masters degree in ecological economics at the University of Leeds.
Currently, Lukas is studying for a PhD in which he is investigating the macroeconomic implications of energy demand reductions and the role that sectoral shifts in the economy can play in reducing energy demand.
- (2015) MSc Sustainability (Ecological Economics) (with distinction), University of Leeds, UK
- (2014) BSc (Hons) Sustainable Development, University of St Andrews, UK
- relationships between energy use, economic structure and macroeconomic dynamics
- macroeconomics of sustainability
- post-growth economies and degrowth