Brendan is a senior policy fellow working on sustainable finance policy with a particular focus on just transition and place-based climate investment.
Prior to joining the Grantham Institute, Brendan spent several years working on sustainable finance policy within the UK Government. Firstly, as a policy adviser on social investment within the Government Inclusive Economy Unit and more recently working with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) on green finance policy and the publication of the Net Zero Strategy. During this time, he also had a secondment at the Green Finance Institute. Prior to working in policy, Brendan spent 5 years working for Lloyds Bank across several roles. He has a BSc in economics and politics from the University of Bristol and an MSc in economics from the University of Amsterdam.
- Harnessing private finance to deliver a just transition
- Public finance institutions and interventions to deliver net zero and a just transition
- Financial regulation aimed at a sustainable financial system
- Place-based climate investment
- Policy frameworks to deliver a just transition