Esin is a Policy Fellow working on UK energy and climate policy with a particular focus on sustainable growth, economic opportunities of net zero and decarbonisation of hard-to-abate sectors.
Prior to joining the Grantham Research Institute, Esin spent over two years at the Energy Institute as an Energy Analyst to produce timely insights for a range of audiences across the energy system in the UK and around the world. Esin holds a MSc in Sustainable Energy Futures, with distinction, from Imperial College London where she carried out extensive research on policies for promoting bioenergy in UK agriculture, and a BSc in Management Science from University College London.
- Sustainable growth
- Decarbonisation pathways for the UK energy system
- Role of societal and behavioural change in a transition to net zero
- Seizing sustainable growth opportunities from carbon capture, usage and storage in the UK
Policy publications, 22 Sep 2021
- Distributional impacts analysis of engineered Greenhouse Gas Removal technologies in the UK
Policy publications, 29 Jul 2021
- Response to the BEIS consultation ‘Improving home energy performance through lenders’
Policy publications, 8 Jul 2021