Giles is professor in Environmental Policy at the Department of Geography and Environment at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
He is affiliated with Centre for Social and Environmental Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE), at the University of East Anglia, as an Honorary Fellow.
Giles joined the Department of Geography and Environment at LSE in 1999. Prior to this, he was Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE), University College London and University of East Anglia.
- Sustainable development;
- Green accounting;
- Environmental valuation and cost-benefit analysis;
- Environmental equity.
- Understanding public support for international climate adaptation payments: Evidence from a choice experiment
25 Jan 2022. Tobias Kruse, Giles Atkinson
- Sustainability Economics
25 Sep 2019
- Distributional issues in natural capital accounting: An application to land ownership and ecosystem services in Scotland
18 Nov 2020
- The distributional effects of a carbon tax: The role of income inequality
9 Sep 2020
- Asset accounting, fiscal policy and the UK’s oil and gas resources, past and future
23 Sep 2016