Sam worked in the policy analysis team in the Grantham Research Institute from February 2019 until October 2020. His main areas of focus were climate policy, finance and diplomacy.
Prior to joining the Grantham Research Institute, Sam was a Manager in PwC’s Sustainability & Climate Change practice. Sam managed climate policy and financing projects in the UK, Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and South Asia. Sam also spent 2 years as part of the Climate and Development Knowledge Network, focusing on climate diplomacy in the lead-up to and aftermath of COP21 in 2015. Prior to this, Sam worked at the NGO Renewable World, which installed off-grid energy projects. Sam holds a Masters in Conflict, Governance and Development from the University of York.
- Design of policy frameworks to support NDC implementation
- Financing of renewable energy projects
- Decarbonisation pathways for the energy system
- The intersection between humanitarian response and climate change.
- Saving lives and livelihoods: the benefits of investments in climate change adaptation and resilience
Policy publications, 31 Mar 2021
- Delivering strong and sustainable growth in the UK: A special decade for innovation and investment
Policy publications, 4 Mar 2020
- Seizing sustainable growth opportunities from zero emission passenger vehicles in the UK
Policy publications, 13 Feb 2020