Dabo is Professor in Climate Change Economics in the School of Development at the University of East Anglia.
He specialises in international climate change policies for mitigation, climate change adaptation, scenario analysis on environmental impacts, water resources accounting and management, input-output modelling and their applications in both developed and developing countries.
Dabo has authored over 30 publications, including articles published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals such as Environmental Science and Technology, Geophysical Research Letters, Global Environmental Changes, Energy, Ecological Economics and so on.
He has previously been a Senior Research Associate at the Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation Research (4CMR), Department of Land Economy, and a Research Associate at the Judge Business School, University of Camrbridge.
He has also worked for the World Wide Fund (WWF) as an Economist.
- Trade and the environment: theories, methods and applications;
- Water resources accounting and management and quantification of water ecosystem services in developing countries;
- Climate change mitigation: regional, national and subnational cooperation and development;
- Climate change adaptation: methods and applications of quantifications of infrastructure and socioeconomic vulnerability and resilience.
- Virtual Water Flows in the EU27: A Consumption-based Approach
19 May 2016. Jouni Paavola, Dabo Guan, Rosa Duarte, Ana Serrano
- To what extent can China’s near-term air pollution control policy protect air quality and human health? A case study of the Pearl River Delta region
8 Oct 2015. Dabo Guan, Andy Gouldson, Q. Zhang
- Consumption-based accounting helps mitigate global air pollution.
1 Jul 2014. Dabo Guan
- A hybrid-unit energy input-output model to evaluate embodied energy and life cycle emissions for China?s Economy.
16 Apr 2014. Soren Lindner, Dabo Guan
- The Socioeconomic drivers of China?s primary PM2.5
19 Feb 2014. Dabo Guan
- China?s international trade and air pollution in the United States
4 Feb 2014. Dabo Guan
- Input-output analysis: the next 25 years
17 Oct 2013. Dabo Guan
- China’s inter-regional spillover of carbon emissions and domestic supply chains
1 Oct 2013. Dabo Guan
- Modeling imbalanced economic recovery following a natural disaster using input-output analysis
24 Apr 2013. Dabo Guan
- China?s water management ? challenges and solutions
1 Jan 2013. Dabo Guan
- Spatially explicit analysis of water footprints in the UK
30 Dec 2010. Yim Ling Siu, Klaus Hubacek, Dabo Guan, John Barrett
- Distributional effects of climate change taxation: The case of the UK
29 Apr 2010. Klaus Hubacek, Dabo Guan, John Barrett
- Input-output analysis and carbon footprinting: An overview of applications
16 Feb 2010. John Barrett, Elena Dawkins, Dabo Guan, Klaus Hubacek, Anne Owen, Kate Scott, Thomas Wiedmann, Manfred Lenzen
- Environmental implications of urbanization and lifestyle change in China: Ecological and water footprints
1 Sep 2009. Klaus Hubacek, Dabo Guan, John Barrett, Thomas Wiedmann