Carole joined the GRI in July 2014.
Carole’s research concentrates on the water-food-energy nexus of Southern Africa, and on the socio-economic implications of climate forecasts, regarding natural resources management in particular. She works with Declan Conway, on the SAHEWS project (Southern Africa’s Hydro-Economy and Water Security).
Her doctoral thesis focuses on water resources transfers, through Chinese and international agricultural trade.
- Environmental engineering
- International economics / trade
- Environmental policy
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Environmental impacts of food trade via resource use and greenhouse gas emissions
4 Mar 2016. Carole Dalin, Ignacio Rodriguez-Iturbe
- Water resources transfers through southern African food trade: water efficiency and climate signals
27 Jan 2016. Carole Dalin, Declan Conway
- Climate and southern Africa’s water–energy–food nexus
26 Aug 2015. Declan Conway, Carole Dalin