Gianni’s research applies microeconomic theory to the analysis of international finance mechanisms for climate change adaptation. The research is part of the Grantham Reseach institute’s broader adaptation work program.
Gianni is currently on leave from the World Bank’s environment department, where he has worked as an environmental economist for the past ten years. He has worked extensively on green accounting, environmental indicators and climate change in low income countries.
- Contract theory;
- Environmental and natural resource economics;
- Climate change adaptation;
- Climate change and trade;
- Green accounting.
- Trade in ‘virtual carbon’: empirical results and implications for policy
20 May 2011. Gianni Ruta
- The Changing Wealth of Nations: measuring sustainable development in the New Millennium
24 Jan 2011. Gianni Ruta