Rebecca is a Policy Analyst with a focus on the key ingredients for an effective transition to a resilient, low carbon economy. Rebecca provides policy support to researchers exploring: how to manage a just transition, climate legislation and governance, and whole-of-economy approaches to building climate resilience in developing communities.
Prior joining the policy analysis team, Rebecca worked in the renewable energy branch within the New South Wales Government in Sydney, Australia, managing a range of projects aiming to remove barriers to the growth of the large scale renewable energy sector in Australia. A particular focus included facilitating the development of new transmission infrastructure to allow the connection of new renewable energy assets on the scale needed to replace retiring coal generators.
Prior to this Rebecca worked as a Legal and Communications Advisor to the Least Developed Countries (LDC) negotiation group in the climate negotiations. This included providing advice on the negotiation of the Paris Agreement ‘rulebook’, and supporting initiatives such as the LDC Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Initiative.
Rebecca has a Bachelor of Economics and Laws from the University of Tasmania, as well as a Bachelor of Civil Law (Masters of Law) and an MSc in Environmental Change and Management from the University of Oxford, where she studied as a Rhodes Scholar. Her MSc dissertation explored how to scale up access to decentralised renewable energy in least developed countries.
- Effective policy-making and capacity building approaches for country-driven sustainable development
- Long-term, strategic policy-making to facilitate a timely, fair and equitable shift to a low carbon economy
- Climate legislation and governance
- National laws and policies on climate change adaptation: a global review
Policy publications, 9 Dec 2019
- Submission to the Environment Agency’s consultation on the Draft National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England
Policy publications, 17 Oct 2019
- Addressing the impacts of climate change through an effective Warsaw International Mechanism on Loss and Damage
Policy publications, 16 Oct 2019
- Submission to Call for Evidence on Flooding and Coastal Erosion by Defra
Policy publications, 9 Oct 2019
- Global lessons for the UK in carbon taxes
Policy publications, 2 Aug 2019
- Global trends in climate change litigation: 2019 snapshot
Policy publications, 4 Jul 2019