Stochastic generation of synthetic minutely irradiance time series derived from mean hourly weather observation data
Bright JM, Smith CJ, Taylor PG, Crook R Stochastic. (2015). Solar Energy, vol. 115, pp.229-242.
- A sun obscured methodology to generate 1 min resolution irradiance is proposed.
- A novel approach to generating cloud cover is presented.
- The use of multiple Markov chains offers improvement to resource modelling.
- Diurnal okta number variability gives the largest transition probability difference.
- Data availability is a significant barrier to high resolution resource modelling.