Florence joined the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment in March 2013. Her work will focus on climate change adaptation, including the role of the private sector in adaptation.
Florence holds a PhD in Geography from the University of Oxford, UK.
Prior to joining LSE, she spent three years as a Research Fellow at Griffith University, Australia. She has also worked at the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility (NCCARF), Australia, and at the OECD in Paris.
- Adaptation to climate change at local, national and international levels;
- Social and institutional dimensions of climate change adaptation in rural and urban settings;
- Community-focused research on livelihoods, vulnerability, resilience and adaptation in developing and developed country contexts;
- Disaster risk management.
- Multinational and large national corporations and climate adaptation: are we asking the right questions? A review of current knowledge and a new research perspective
19 May 2016. Alina Averchenkova, Florence Crick, Adriana Kocornik-Mina, Hayley Leck, Swenja Surminski
- Enabling private sector adaptation in developing countries and their semi-arid regions – case studies of Senegal and Kenya
16 Dec 2016
- Strengthening insurance partnerships in the face of climate change – insights from an agent-based model of flood insurance in the UK
9 Jun 2016
- Assessing surface water flood risk and management strategies under future climate change: an agent-based model approach
8 Feb 2016
- Novel and improved insurance instruments for risk reduction
30 Mar 2015
- Multinational corporations and climate adaptation – Are we asking the right questions? A review of current knowledge and a new research perspective
11 Mar 2015
- Flood insurance and the Water Bill
Policy publications, 14 Nov 2013
- Response to public consultation on ‘Securing the future availability and affordability of home insurance in areas of flood risk’
Policy publications, 1 Aug 2013
- Response to European Commission’s green paper on the insurance of natural and man-made disasters
Policy publications, 1 Jul 2013