Andrea is currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
After obtaining a BSc Psychology at Lancaster University, Andrea went on to complete an MSc and PhD at the University of Bolton, where her focus of study was the psychology of judgement and decision making under risk. At present she holds a joint post Sustainability Research Institute and Centre for Decision Research at Leeds University.
Since joining the University of Leeds she has been involved in Project 3 of the Defra funded PREPARE programme of research, examining the climate “risk appetite” of the UK public and is currently working on Work Package 33 of the EUPORIAS project, which seeks to establish best practice in communicating uncertainty in seasonal and inter-annual climate predictions.
- Public perceptions of climate risk and adaptation
- Communication of risk and uncertainty in climate predictions and projections
- The impact of emotion on environmental decisions
- Communicating uncertainty in seasonal and interannual climate forecasts in Europe: organisational needs and preferences
10 Nov 2015. Andrea Taylor, Suraje Dessai, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Public perception of climate risk and adaptation in the UK: A review of the literature
19 Dec 2014. Andrea Taylor, Suraje Dessai, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Climate change beliefs and perceptions of weather-related changes in the United Kingdom
14 Jun 2014. Andrea Taylor, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Suraje Dessai