Wändi Bruine de Bruin
Wändi is Provost Professor of Public Policy, Psychology, and Behavioral Science, University of Southern California at Price School of Public Policy.
Professor Wändi Bruine de Bruin is also affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University’s Department of Engineering and Public Policy and Centre for Climate and Energy Decision Making, The RAND Corporation, and the University of California Dornsife Centre for Economic and Social Research.
She holds a PhD in Behavioural Decision Making and Psychology and an MSc in Behavioural Decision Theory from Carnegie Mellon University, as well as an MSc in Cognitive Psychology and a BSc in Psychology from the Free University Amsterdam.
Her research focuses on judgment and decision making, risk perception and communication, as well as public perceptions of climate change and low-carbon technologies. She has participated in workshops and expert panels for the US Environmental Protection Agency, the US National Academy of Sciences, HealthCanada, The Netherlands Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment, the Swiss-based International Risk Governance Council, and other international organisations.
- Judgment and decision making
- Risk perception and communication
- Public perceptions of climate change and extreme weather
- Public perceptions of low-carbon technologies
- Communicating uncertainty in seasonal and interannual climate forecasts in Europe: organisational needs and preferences
10 Nov 2015. Andrea Taylor, Suraje Dessai, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Heat protection behaviors and positive affect about heat during the 2013 heat wave in the United Kingdom
18 May 2015. Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Suraje Dessai
- Public perception of climate risk and adaptation in the UK: A review of the literature
19 Dec 2014. Andrea Taylor, Suraje Dessai, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Climate change beliefs and perceptions of weather-related changes in the United Kingdom
14 Jun 2014. Andrea Taylor, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Suraje Dessai
- Setting a standard for electricity pilot studies.
1 Nov 2013. Alexander L. Davis, Tamar Krishnamurti, Baruch Fischhoff, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Effects of simplifying outreach materials for energy conservation programs that target low-income consumers.
1 Nov 2013. Gabrielle Wong-Parodi, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Casey Canfield
- Assessing what to address in science communication.
20 Aug 2013. Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Ann Bostrom
- Preparing for smart grid technologies: A behavioral decision research approach to understanding consumer expectations about smart meters.
1 Feb 2012. Tamar Krishnamurti, Daniel Schwartz, Alexander Davis, Baruch Fischhoff, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Lester Lave, Jack Wang
- Public perception of energy consumption and savings.
14 Sep 2010. Shahzeen Z. Attari, Michael L. DeKay, Cliff I. Davidson, Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Informed public preferences for electricity portfolios with CCS and other low-carbon technologies.
17 Jun 2010. Lauren A Fleishman, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, M Granger Morgan
- Preferences for change: Do individuals prefer voluntary actions, soft regulations or hard regulations to decrease fossil fuel consumption?
15 Apr 2009. Shahzeen Z. Attari, Mary Schoen, Cliff I. Davidson, Michael L. DeKay, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, Robyn Dawes, Mitchell J. Small
- Initial public perceptions of deep geological and oceanic disposal of carbon dioxide.
21 Oct 2004. Claire R. Palmgren, M Granger Morgan, Wändi Bruine de Bruin, David W. Keith