Submission to inquiry by the House of Commons Select Committee on Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee on ‘Leaving the EU: negotiation priorities for energy and climate change policy’
This submission to the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee’s inquiry on Leaving the EU: negotiation priorities for energy and climate change policy focuses on the following questions:
- Which aspects of EU policy should be maintained?
- How can the UK retain its influential voice in international negotiations?
- What are the implications of the UK’s exit from the EU on both the UK’s and the EU’s COP21 pledges?
- What should be the Government’s priorities on the EU Emissions Trading System? How viable are alternative options?
- How can the UK maximise future opportunities to cooperate with international partners to retain its standing as a hub for low carbon innovation?