Submission to the inquiry by the House of Commons Select Committee on Energy and Climate Change on ‘ Fuelling the debate: Committee successes and future challenges ’
Outlines the main energy and climate change challenges in the UK over the next five-year term. Identifies five key issues, in light of the evidence from the most recent economic and policy analysis:
- the need for policy certainty
- increased investment in low carbon innovation
- reform of environmental taxation
- support to the EU ETS reform
- stronger focus on energy efficiency.