Michal Nachmany has been leading on the Global Climate Legislation Study since 2013. The Study is a review of climate legislation in 99 countries, together responsible for 93% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
Michal’s doctoral research at the department of Geography and Environment at the London School of Economics explores the global diffusion of climate change policies, focusing on the dynamics of decision making at the micro-level, and on the contribution of global networks to advancement of policies.
Previously, Michal worked at the Samuel Neaman Institute for National Policy Research, an environmental think tank in Israel, where, among others, she served on the professional advisory board for Israel’s national greenhouse gas mitigation plan, and was involved in drafting of environmental laws and policies. Prior to that, Michal headed competitive intelligence projects for multinational companies in the private sector.
Michal has an MA (cum laude) in Energy Policy and Management from the University of Haifa, an LLB in Law and an MBA (specialising in finance) from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Her research interests focus on the dynamics between the national and the international policy spheres – mainly policy diffusion and the impact of national legislation on the international climate change regime.
- Climate legislation – between the national and international levels
- Dynamics of international policy diffusion
- Bounded rationality in the policy making processes
- The GLOBE climate legislation study
18 Jan 2014. Michal Nachmany, Carolina B Pavese, Philip Schleifer
- Book Review: Regulation Theory and Sustainable Development: Business Leaders and Ecological Modernization
1 Jan 2014. Michal Nachmany
- How national legislation can help to solve climate change
25 Apr 2013. Sam Fankhauser, Michal Nachmany
- Book Review: Local climate action planning
20 Jun 2012. Michal Nachmany
- Global trends in climate change legislation and litigation: 2017 snapshot
Policy publications, 8 Nov 2017
- Global trends in climate change legislation and litigation: 2017 update
Policy publications, 9 May 2017
- Walking alone? How the UK’s carbon targets compare with its competitors’
Policy publications, 18 Mar 2014
- Sunny with a chance of solar – Israel’s climate change policies
Policy publications, 20 Jun 2012
- Energy efficiency in local authorities in Israel
Policy publications, 20 Jun 2009
- Mary Robinson: ‘climate justice’ must play a key role in the Paris Agreement (on theconversation.com)
16 Mar 2016
- Opec faces a mortal threat from electric cars (on www.telegraph.co.uk)
23 Dec 2015
- Don’t let national politics stand in the way of the progress made at the Paris climate conference (on www.independent.co.uk)
14 Dec 2015
- Paris leaves lot of hard work to do (on www.koreatimes.co.kr)
14 Dec 2015
- The climate summit can deliver (on )
1 Dec 2015