Prof. Philip Antwi-Agyei is an Associate Professor of Environmental Science at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana. Philip is a former Commonwealth Scholar, who obtained his PhD from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom in July, 2013. Philip is an interdisciplinary climate change scientist whose research involves developing innovative multi-scale methodologies for assessing vulnerability and adaptations to climate change across the local, regional and national scales. Specifically, his research uses spatial databases, ecological studies and field-based participatory approaches aimed at broadening understanding of how climate change and variability affect food security and livelihoods. Philip was a Lead Author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 oC and a Contributing Author on the Sixth Assessment Report of the IPCC.
Prof. Antwi-Agyei is a recipient of several prestigious international grants including the International Foundation for Science (IFS) (2010 – 2013), Climate Impacts Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement Fellowship (CIRCLE) (2015 – 2016) funded by the UK’s Department for International Development, Innovation Grant from the London School of Economics and University of Leeds, United Kingdom (2016 – 2018), and Science for Weather Information and Forecasting Techniques (African SWIFT) (2016 – 2021) funded by the Global Challenge Research Fund. He has also won grants under the Climate Research for Development (CR4D) (2019 – 2021), an initiative of the African Climate Policy Centre in partnership with the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development and implemented by the African Academy of Sciences, Nairobi.
Philip is a Fellow under the Future Leaders – Africa Independent Research (FLAIR) (2020 – 2023) and Collaboration Grants (2021 – 2022) funded by the Royal Society, London. He has published extensively in reputable international peer reviewed journals on climate change issues and presented his research outputs in several international conferences and workshops. Philip serves as an Associate Editor for the journal of Climate and Development (published by Taylor and Francis) and is a regular reviewer for several leading high impact factor journals.
Peer reviewed Journal Articles
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Atta-Aidoo, J., Asare-Nuamah, P., Stringer, L. C., & Antwi, K. (2023). Trade-offs, synergies and acceptability of climate smart agricultural practices by smallholder farmers in rural Ghana. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 21(1), 2193439. https://doi.org/10.1080/14735903.2023.2193439
- Yeleliere, E., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Baffour-Ata, F., (2023) “Impacts of climate change on the yields of leguminous crops in the Guinea Savanna agroecological zone of Ghana.”Regional Sustainability, 4(2): 139-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.regsus.2023.04.002
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Baffour-Ata, F., Koomson, S., Kyeretwie, N. K., Nti, N. B., Owusu, A. O., & Razak, F. A. (2023). Drivers and coping mechanisms for floods: experiences of residents in urban Kumasi, Ghana. Natural Hazards, 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-022-05775-0
- Awolala, D., Mutemi, J., Adefisan, E., Antwi-Agyei, P., Taylor, A., Muita, R., … & Nkiaka, E. (2023). Economic Value and Latent Demand for Agricultural Drought Forecast: Emerging Market for Weather and Climate Information in Central-Southern Nigeria. Climate Risk Management, 100478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crm.2023.100478
- Amissah, E., Adjei-Gyapong, T., Antwi-Agyei, P., Asamoah, E., Abaidoo, R. C., Jeppesen, E., … & Baidoo, E. (2023). Implications of changes in land use on soil and biomass carbon sequestration: a case study from the Owabi reservoir catchment in Ghana. Carbon Management, 14(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1080/17583004.2023.2166871
- Yeleliere, E., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Nyamekye, A. B. (2023). Mainstreaming Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Practices in Climate-Sensitive Policies for Resilient Agricultural Systems in Ghana. Society & Natural Resources, 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1080/08941920.2023.2183446
- Atiah, W. A., Amekudzi, L. K., Akum, R. A., Quansah, E., Antwi‐Agyei, P., & Danuor, S. K. (2022). Climate variability and impacts on maize (Zea mays) yield in Ghana, West Africa. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 148(742), 185-198. https://doi.org/10.1002/qj.4199
- Yeleliere, E., Nyamekye, A. B., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Boamah, E. F. (2022). Strengthening climate adaptation in the northern region of Ghana: insights from a stakeholder analysis. Climate Policy, 22(9-10), 1169-1185. https://doi.org/10.1080/14693062.2022.2134085
- Baffour-Ata, F., Antwi-Agyei, P., Nkiaka, E., Dougill, A. J., Anning, A. K., & Kwakye, S. O. (2022). Climate information services available to farming households in Northern Region, Ghana. Weather, Climate, and Society, 14(2), 467-480. https://doi.org/10.1175/WCAS-D-21-0075.1
- Asare-Nuamah, P., Antwi-Agyei, P., Dick-Sagoe, C., & Adeosun, O. T. (2022). Climate change perception and the adoption of innovation among mango plantation farmers in the Yilo Krobo municipality, Ghana. Environmental Development, 44, 100761. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envdev.2022.100761
- Kumasi, T. C., Nyarko, K. B., & Antwi‐Agyei, P. (2022). Universal water service delivery: Insights on what it takes from Ghana. World Water Policy, 8(1), 9-30. https://doi.org/10.1002/wwp2.12072
- Asare-Nuamah, P., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Dick-Sagoe, C. (2022). Mitigating the risks of climate variability and change on mango seedlings in Ghana: Evidence from mango seedlings producers in the Yilo Krobo Municipality. Environmental Challenges, 8, 100594. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2022.100594
- Yeleliere, E., Yeboah, T., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Peprah, P. (2022). Traditional agroecological knowledge and practices: The drivers and opportunities for adaptation actions in the northern region of Ghana. Regional Sustainability, 3(4), 294-308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.regsus.2022.11.002
- Atta-Aidoo, J., Antwi-Agyei, P., Dougill, A. J., Ogbanje, C. E., Akoto-Danso, E. K., & Eze, S. (2022). Adoption of climate-smart agricultural practices by smallholder farmers in rural Ghana: An application of the theory of planned behavior. PLOS Climate, 1(10), e0000082. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pclm.0000082
- Nelson, W. A., Amoako, C., King, R., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Kwofie, S. (2022). Adaptation as a Means to an End: Conceptual Underpinnings and Empirical Affirmations. American Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, 6(4), 155-164. https://doi:10.11648/j.ajese.20220604.11
- Quarshie, P. T., Antwi-Agyei, P., Suh, N. N., & Fraser, E. D. (2022). Tackling post-COVID-19 pandemic food crises through the adoption of improved maize seeds and technologies by smallholder farmers: The case of Ejura Sekyeredumase in Ghana. Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems, 417. https://doi.org/10.3389/fsufs.2022.804984
- Agyekum, T. P., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Dougill, A. J. (2022). The contribution of weather forecast information to agriculture, water, and energy sectors in East and West Africa: A systematic review. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 1458. https://doi.org/10.3389/fenvs.2022.935696
- Antwi-Agyei P., Wiafe, E.A., Amanor, K., Baffour-Ata, F., Codjoe, S.N.A. (2021). Determinants of choice of climate change adaptation practices by smallholder pineapple farmers in the semi-deciduous forest zone of Ghana. Environmental and Sustainability Indicators, 100140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indic.2021.100140.
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Abalo, E. M., Dougill, A. J., & Baffour-Ata, F. (2021). Motivations, enablers and barriers to the adoption of climate-smart agricultural practices by smallholder farmers: Evidence from the transitional and savannah agroecological zones of Ghana. Regional Sustainability, 2(4), 375-386. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.regsus.2022.01.005
- Baffour-Ata F.,Antwi-Agyei P., Apawu G.O., Nkiaka E.,Amoah E.A., Akorli R. , Antwi K. (2021). Using traditional agroecological knowledge to adapt to climate change and variability in the upper east region of Ghana. Environmental Challenge, 100205, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2021.100205
- Dougill J., Hermans T.D.G., Eze S., Antwi-Agyei, Sallu S.M. (2021). Evaluating climate-smart agriculture as route to building climate resilience in African food systems. Sustainability2021, 13, 9909. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13179909
- Cudjoe, G.P.; Antwi-Agyei, P.;Gyampoh, B.A. (2021). The effect of climate variability on maize production in the Ejura-Sekyedumase Municipality, Ghana. Climate, 9, 145. https://doi.org/10.3390/ cli9100145
- Jamal, A. M., Antwi-Agyei, P., Baffour-Ata, F., Nkiaka, E., Antwi, K., & Gbordzor, A. (2021). Gendered perceptions and adaptation practices of smallholder cocoa farmers to climate variability in the Central Region of Ghana. Environmental Challenges, 5, 100293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2021.100293
- ParkerJ, Blyth A.M., Woolnough S.J., Dougill A.J., Bain C.L, de Coning E., Diop-Kane M., Foamouhoue A.K., Lamptey B, Ndiaye O., Ruti P., Adefisan E.A., Amekudzi L.K., Antwi-Agyei P., Birch C.E., et al. (2021). The African SWIFT project: growing science capability to bring about a revolution in weather prediction. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0047.1.
- Baffour-Ata, Antwi-Agyei P., Nkiaka E., Dougill A.J., Anning A.K., Kwakye, S.O. (2021). Effect of climate variability on yields of selected staple food crops in northern Ghana. Journal of agriculture and Food Research. 100205 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jafr.2021.100205
- Asei, R., Abaidoo, R.C., Opoku, A., Adjei-Nsiah, S., Antwi-Agyei, P.(2021) Use of Limiting Nutrients for Reclamation of Non-responsive Soils in Northern Ghana. Front. Soil Sci. 1:674320. https://doi.org/10.3389/fsoil.2021.674320.
- Schipper, E.L.F., Ensor, J., Mukherji, A., Mirzabaev, A., Fraser, A., Harvey, B., Totin, E, Garschagen, A, Pathak, M, Antwi-Agyei, P.,Tanner, P., Shawoo, Z. (2021). Equity in climate scholarship: a manifesto for action. Climate and Development, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1080/17565529.2021.1923308
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Dougill, A.J., Doku-Marfo, J. Abaidoo R.C. (2021). Understanding climate services for enhancing resilient agricultural systems in Anglophone West Africa: The case of Ghana.Climate Services,22, 100218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cliser.2021.100218
- Berrang-Ford, L., Siders, A.R., Lesnikowski, A., Fischer, A.P., Callaghan, M., Haddaway, N., Mach, K., Araos, M., Shah, M.A.R., Wannewitz, M., Doshi, D., Leiter, T., Matavel, C., Musah-Surugu, J.I., Wong-Parodi, G., Antwi-Agyei, P., Ajibade, I.… (2021). Mapping evidence of human adaptation to climate change.Nature Climate Change, https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-100873/v1
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Stringer, L.C. (2021). Improving the effectiveness of agricultural extension services in supporting farmers to adapt to climate change: insights from north-eastern Ghana.Climate Risk Management, 100304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crm.2021.100304
- Baffour-Ata, F., Antwi-Agyei, P., Nkiaka, E. (2021). Climate variability, land cover changes and livelihoods of communities on the fringes of Bobiri Forest Reserve, Ghana. Forests, 12 (3), 278. https://doi.org/10.3390/f12030278
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Dougill, A.J., Abaidoo, R.C. (2021). Opportunities and barriers for using climate information for building resilient agricultural systems in Sudan savannah agro-ecological zone of north-eastern Ghana.Climate Services, 22, 100226. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cliser.2021.100226
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Nyantakyi-Frimpong, H. (2021). Evidence of climate change coping and adaptation practices by smallholder farmers in northern Ghana.Sustainability, 13, 1308. doi.org/10.3390/su13031308. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13031308
- Antwi-Agyei, P, Amanor, K, Hogarh, J.N., Dougill, A.J. (2020). Predictors of access to and willingness to pay for climate information services in northeastern Ghana: A gendered perspective. Environmental Development. 16, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envdev.2020.100580
- Tuffour-Mills, D., Antwi-Agyei, P., Ado-Fordjour, P. (2020). Trends and drivers of land cover changes in a tropical urban forest in Ghana Trees, Forests and People. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tfp.2020.100040
- Antwi-Agyei, P., 2020. Ghana’s Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan for the Infrastructure Sector (Water, Energy, and Transport Sectors). Technical Report May. Environmental Protection Agency. Accra, Ghana. URL: https://www.napglobalnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06
- Nkiaka E, Taylor A, Dougill AJ, Antwi-Agyei P, Adefisan EA, Ahiataku MA, Baffour-Ata F, Fournier N, Indasi VS, Konte O, Lawal KA and Toure A (2020) Exploring the Need for Developing Impact-Based Forecasting in West Africa. 2:565500.https://doi.org/10.3389/fclim.2020.565500
- Sonko, E., Florkowski, W.J., Agodzo, S. andAntwi-Agyei, P.(2020). Subsistence farmer knowledge of strategies alleviating food insecurity in the context of climate change in the lower river region of the Gambia. Food Security, 12,607–624. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12571-020-01024-z
- Antwi-Agyei P., Kpenekuu F, Hogarh J.N., Obiri-Danso K., Abaidoo R.C., Jeppesen E., Andersen M.N. (2019) “Substantial land use and land cover changes in the Owabi Reservoir catchment, Ghana: implications for livelihoods and management”, Geosciences, 9(7), 286.https://doi.org/10.3390/geosciences9070286
- Nkiaka E, Taylor A.L, Dougill A, Antwi-Agyei P, Fournier N, Bosire E.N, et al (2019). Identifying user needs for weather and climate services to enhance resilience to climate shocks in sub-Saharan Africa. Environmental Research Letters. 14, 123003.https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ab4dfe
- Kumasi T.C, Antwi-AgyeiObiri-Danso K. (2019). “Smallholder farmers’ climate change adaptation practices in the Upper East Region of Ghana”, Environment, Development and Sustainability, 21(2), 745-762.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-017-0062-2
- Nartey N.N., Hogarh J.N., Antwi-Agyei P., Nukpezah D., Abaidoo R.C., Obiri-Danso K. (2019). Sedimentation and sediment core profile of heavy metals in the Owabi reservoir in Ghana. Lakes & Reservoir,24:173–180. https://doi.org/10.1111/lre.12270
- Sonko E. Agodzo S.K., Antwi-Agyei P. (2019) “Evaluating the yield response of maize (Zea mays L.) and rice (Oryza sativa L.) to future climate variability in The Gambia”, Journal of Agricultural Systems,7(2), 11 – 26.http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/12831
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Agyekum T.P., Stringer L.C., (2018) “Alignment between nationally determined contributions and the sustainable development goals for West Africa”, Climate Policy, 18(10), 1296 – 1312.https://doi.org/10.1080/14693062.2018.1431199
- KC K.B., Legwegoh A.F., Therien A., Fraser E.D.G., Antwi-Agyei, P. (2018) “Food price, food security and dietary diversity: a comparative study of urban Cameroon and Ghana”, Journal of International Development, 30, 42–60. https://doi.org/10.1002/jid.3291
- Antwi-Agyei, Dougill A.J., Stringer L.C. (2017) “Adaptation opportunities and maladaptive outcomes in climate vulnerability hotspots of northern Ghana”, Climate Risk Management, 9, 83-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crm.2017.11.003
- Antwi-Agyei, Dougill, A.J., Stringer L.C. (2017) “Assessing coherence between sector policies and Climate Compatible Development: opportunities for triple wins”, Sustainability,9, 2130.https://doi.org/10.3390/su9112130
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Quinn C.H., Adiku S.G.K., Codjoe, S.N.A., Dougill A.J., Lamboll R., Dovie D.B.K. (2016) “Perceived stressors of climate vulnerability across scales in the Savannah zone of Ghana: a participatory approach”, Regional Environmental Change,17(1), 213-227. https://10.1007/s10113-016-0993-4
- Hogarh J.N., Antwi-Agyei P., Obiri-Danso K., (2016) “Application of mosquito repellent coils and associated self-reported health issues in Ghana”, Malaria Journal,15(1),https://doi.org/10.1186/s12936-016-1126-8
- Legwegoh A.F., Fraser E.D.G., KC K.B., Antwi-Agyei P. (2015) “Do dietary changes increase the propensity of food riots? An exploratory study of changing consumption patterns and the inclination to engage in food-related protests”, Sustainability,7, 14112-14132. https://doi.org/10.3390/su71014112
- Sulemana A., Antwi-Agyei P., Hogarh J.N. (2015) “Potential migration of leachate from an active landfill: spatial analysis of groundwater quality in communities surrounding the Dompoase Landfill, Kumasi, Ghana”, Journal of Hydrology and Environment Research, 3 (1), 48-58.
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Stringer L.C (2015) “Impacts of land tenure arrangements on the adaptive capacity of marginalized groups: the case of Ghana’s Ejura Sekyedumase and Bongo districts”, Land Use Policy, 49, 203–212.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2015.08.007
- Ojoyi M.M., Antwi-Agyei P., Mutanga O., Odindi J., Abdel-Rahman E.M. (2015) “An analysis of ecosystem vulnerability and management interventions in the Morogoro region landscapes, Tanzania”, Tropical Conservation Science,8 (3): 662-680. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F194008291500800306.
- Hogarh J.N., Sowunmi F.A., Oluwafemi A., Antwi-Agyei P., Nukpezah D., Atewamba C.T., (2015) “Biosand filter as a household water treatment technology in Ghana and its eco-business potential: an assessment using a Lifecycle Approach”, Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management,3(4), 343-353. DOI:12691/aees-3-2-1
- Hogarh J. N., Antwi-Agyei P., Terlabie J. L., Boakye O., Addo-Fordjour P. (2015) “The potential and coupling effect of compost and Mucunafor quarry site restoration: a study at the Yongwa Limestone Quarry in Ghana. Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 3(2), 30-35. 12691/aees-3-2-1
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Stringer L.C (2014) “Barriers to climate change adaptation: evidence from northeast Ghana in the context of a systematic literature review”, Climate & Development, 7(4) 297-309.https://doi.org/10.1080/17565529.2014.951013
- Antwi-Agyei P., Stringer L.C, Dougill A.J. (2014) “Livelihoods adaptations to climate variability: insights from farming households in Ghana”, Regional Environmental Change, 14(4) 1615-1626.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10113-014-0597-9
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Fraser E.D.G., Stringer L.C. (2013) “Characterising the nature of household vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions of Ghana”, Environment, Development & Sustainability, 15(4): 903-926.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-012-9418-9
- Antwi-Agyei P., Fraser E.D.G., Dougill A., Stringer L., Simelton E. (2012) “Mapping the vulnerability of crop production to drought in Ghana using rainfall, yield and socioeconomic data”, Applied Geography, 32(2), 324-334.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2011.06.010
- Sutcliffe C., Antwi-Agyei P., Munim K.M.A (2011) “Food security in Africa: Market and trade policy for staple foods in eastern and Southern Africa”, Sarris A, Morrison J (Eds). FAO, Rome, Land Degradation & Development, 22(6), 605-606.
- Foli G; Hogarh, J.N., Antwi-Agyei P. (2010) “Effectiveness of planning and implementation stages of the ISO 14001 standards EMS at the Obuasi gold mine, Ghana”, American Journal of Social & Management Sciences, 1: 1-12.
- Antwi-Agyei P., Hogarh J.N., Foli G. (2009) “Trace elements contamination of soils around gold mine tailings dams at Obuasi, Ghana”, African Journal of Environmental Science & Technology, 3(11), 353-359.
- Obiri-Danso K., Hogarh J.N., Antwi-Agyei P. (2008) “Assessment of contamination of singed hide from cattle and goats by heavy metals in Ghana”, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 2(8): 217-221.
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill, J.A. (2018) “How best to align planning for Nationally Determined Contributions and Sustainable Development Goals: West African Lessons”, Sustainability Research Institute Briefing Note Series No.13. University of Leeds, UK.http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/11644
- Belén Cárdenas A., Favretto N., Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Stringer L.C. (2018) “Policy coherence for climate-sensitive planning in Ghana”, Sustainability Research Institute Briefing Note Series No. 18, University of Leeds, UK. http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/11643
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill, A.J., Agyekum, T.P., Stringer L.C. (2017) “Identifying opportunities for coherence between the Intended Nationally Determined Contributions and the Sustainable Development Goals: The case of ECOWAS Member States”, Working Paper No. 307, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy.University of Leeds, UK.
- Ojoyi, M. M, Antwi-Agyei P., Benkenstein, A. (2017) “Improving Forest governance in East Africa’s Eastern Arc Mountains”, Policy Briefing 165, South African Institute for International Affairs, South Africa.
- Simelton E., Quinn C.H., Antwi-Agyei, Batisani N., Dougill A.J., Dyer J., Fraser E.D.G., Mkwambisi D. Rosell S., Sallu S., Stringer L.C. (2011) “African farmers’ perception of erratic rainfall”, Working Paper No. 73, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy. University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- Antwi-Agyei P., Dougill A.J., Stringer L.C (2013) “Barriers to climate change adaptation in sub-Saharan Africa: evidence from northeast Ghana & systematic literature review”, Working Paper No. 154, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Dougill, A.J., Fraser, E.D.G., Stringer, L.C. (2013) “Characterising the nature of household vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions of Ghana”, Working Paper No. 105, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- Antwi-Agyei P., Fraser E., Dougill A., Stringer L., Simelton E. (2011)” Mapping the vulnerability of crop production to drought in Ghana using rainfall, yield and socioeconomic data”, Working Paper No. 55, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- Awolala, D. O., Mutemi, J., Adefisan, E., Antwi-Agyei, P., & Taylor, A. (2022). Profiling User Needs for Weather and Climate Information in Fostering Drought Risk Preparedness in Central-Southern Nigeria. From Observations to Predictions and Projections: Opportunities and Challenges for Climate Risk Assessment and Management in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Antwi-Agyei P, Codjoe S.N.A & Doegah P. (2019). The perceived impacts of climate change on agro-based and fisheries-based livelihoods in the Savannah and Coastal zones of Ghana. In: Climate Change in Ghana – The Human Dimension. Codjoe S.N.A and Dovie B.D (Eds). Afram Publications (GH) Limited. (Book Chapter).
- Mkwambisi, D.D., Dougill, A.J., & Antwi-Agyei, P. (2015). Urbanization and soil nutrient fluxes: challenges and opportunities for African cities. In: Land-Use Change Impacts on Soil Processes in Tropical and Savannah Ecosystems. Francis Brearley and Andrew Thomas (eds.), CABI, Wallingford. (Book Chapter).
- Adaptation opportunities and maladaptive outcomes in climate vulnerability hotspots of northern Ghana
18 Mar 2018. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer, Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe
- Assessing coherence between sector polices and climate compatible development: opportunities for triple wins
18 Nov 2017. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer
- Perceived stressors of climate vulnerability across scales in the Savannah zone of Ghana: A participatory approach
16 Jun 2016. Andy Dougill, Philip Antwi-Agyei, Claire Quinn, Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe, Richard Lamboll, Delali Benjamin Komla Dovie, Samuel Godfried Kwasi Adiku
- Impacts of land tenure arrangements on the adaptive capacity of marginalized groups: The case of Ghana’s Ejura Sekyedumase and Bongo districts
5 Nov 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer
- An analysis of ecosystem vulnerability and management interventions in the M orogoro region landscapes, Tanzania
3 Sep 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei
- The Potential and Coupling Effect of Compost and Mucuna for Quarry Site Restoration: A Study at the YongwaLimestone Quarry in Ghana
20 Feb 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Livelihoods adaptations to climate variability: insights from farming households in Ghana
18 Mar 2013. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Lindsay Stringer, Andy Dougill
- Characterising the nature of household vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions in Ghana.
21 Nov 2012. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Evan Fraser, Lindsay Stringer
- Food security in Africa: Market and trade policy for staple foods in eastern and Southern Africa
22 Jul 2010. Chloe Sutcliffe, Philip Antwi-Agyei, Khandaker M. A. Munim
- Effectiveness of planning and implementation stages of the ISO 14001 standards EMS at the Obuasi gold mine, Ghana
1 Jul 2010. Gordon Foli, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Trace elements contamination of soils around gold mine tailings dams at Obuasi, Ghana
1 Jan 2009. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Gordon Foli
- Assessment of contamination of singed hide from cattle and goats by heavy metals in Ghana.
31 Aug 2008. K Obiri-Danso, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Barriers to climate change adaptation in sub-Saharan Africa: evidence from northeast Ghana & systematic literature review
1 Oct 2014
- Characterising the nature of vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions of Ghana
1 Sep 2012
- African farmers’ perceptions of erratic rainfall
1 Oct 2011
- Mapping the vulnerability of crop production to drought in Ghana using rainfall, yield and socioeconomic data
1 Mar 2011