Dr. Philip Antwi-Agyei is a Senior Lecturer at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, and a Visiting Research Fellow at the Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana, under the Climate Impact Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement in sub-Saharan Africa (CIRCLE) programme by the Africa Academy of Sciences. Philip is a Commonwealth Scholar, who obtained his PhD in Earth and Environment from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom in July, 2013. He also holds MSc degree from the University of Hull, United Kingdom and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Leicester, also in the United Kingdom. After his PhD, Dr. Antwi-Agyei worked as a Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Sustainability Research Institute at the University of Leeds, United Kingdom, where he explored barriers to climate change adaptations in sub-Saharan Africa.
Dr. Antwi-Agyei is an interdisciplinary environmental change scientist, whose research output has been published in leading international journals including Applied Geography, Land Use Policy, Regional Environmental Change, Climate and Development, and Environment, Development & Sustainability). His research involves developing innovative multi-scale approaches for assessing vulnerability and adaptations to climate change and variability for dryland farming systems. Philip’s work uses spatial databases and field-based participatory studies within the broader understanding of how climate change and variability affect food security and rural livelihoods with a developing country perspective.
Climate change and variability, climate change adaptation, food security, rural livelihoods, sustainable development, environmental policy, and environmental management.
- climate change and variability
- climate change adaptation
- food security
- rural livelihoods
- sustainable development
- environmental policy
- environmental management.
- Adaptation opportunities and maladaptive outcomes in climate vulnerability hotspots of northern Ghana
18 Mar 2018. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer, Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe
- Assessing coherence between sector polices and climate compatible development: opportunities for triple wins
18 Nov 2017. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer
- Perceived stressors of climate vulnerability across scales in the Savannah zone of Ghana: A participatory approach
16 Jun 2016. Andy Dougill, Philip Antwi-Agyei, Claire Quinn, Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe, Richard Lamboll, Delali Benjamin Komla Dovie, Samuel Godfried Kwasi Adiku
- Impacts of land tenure arrangements on the adaptive capacity of marginalized groups: The case of Ghana’s Ejura Sekyedumase and Bongo districts
5 Nov 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Lindsay Stringer
- An analysis of ecosystem vulnerability and management interventions in the M orogoro region landscapes, Tanzania
3 Sep 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei
- The Potential and Coupling Effect of Compost and Mucuna for Quarry Site Restoration: A Study at the YongwaLimestone Quarry in Ghana
20 Feb 2015. Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Livelihoods adaptations to climate variability: insights from farming households in Ghana
18 Mar 2013. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Lindsay Stringer, Andy Dougill
- Characterising the nature of household vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions in Ghana.
21 Nov 2012. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Andy Dougill, Evan Fraser, Lindsay Stringer
- Food security in Africa: Market and trade policy for staple foods in eastern and Southern Africa
22 Jul 2010. Chloe Sutcliffe, Philip Antwi-Agyei, Khandaker M. A. Munim
- Effectiveness of planning and implementation stages of the ISO 14001 standards EMS at the Obuasi gold mine, Ghana
1 Jul 2010. Gordon Foli, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Trace elements contamination of soils around gold mine tailings dams at Obuasi, Ghana
1 Jan 2009. Philip Antwi-Agyei, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Gordon Foli
- Assessment of contamination of singed hide from cattle and goats by heavy metals in Ghana.
31 Aug 2008. K Obiri-Danso, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Philip Antwi-Agyei
- Barriers to climate change adaptation in sub-Saharan Africa: evidence from northeast Ghana & systematic literature review
1 Oct 2014
- Characterising the nature of vulnerability to climate variability: empirical evidence from two regions of Ghana
1 Sep 2012
- African farmers’ perceptions of erratic rainfall
1 Oct 2011
- Mapping the vulnerability of crop production to drought in Ghana using rainfall, yield and socioeconomic data
1 Mar 2011